Thursday, August 7, 2008

Traveling through a storm, and looking for sunshine..

There have been a lot of things happening lately. But it seems as though the bad is currently out-weighing the good. The Tuesday before last I had a meeting with the owner of the company I worked for, and even though the problems that I have been having with the manager were not my fault and that I've found myself in a situation where I'm just trying to do my job.. I was let go. He told me that he didn't want to call it a termination, and that he felt awful about what was happening.. The best thing at the moment was to get me out of the managers way, and him out of mine. So I lost my main job.
However, still remaining optimistic.. and anticipating one last check from Commerce at the end of the week, and expecting it to be descent size.. I accelerated my plans of going to Missouri that weekend to leaving at midnight that Tuesday night. It was good to be home for a few days and visit the family. My bubble soon burst when I found that my last big paycheck was only for my last two days of work. No matter.. I was still getting my last paycheck for the landscaping job that had just ended.
On Friday I drove on down to Bolivar, where I packed up the rest of my things and was able to see a lot of friends. I was able to visit Wellspring Sunday morning, which was a joy.. It was indeed a great weekend. I finally left Bolivar and headed for Fort Worth at 9pm.. Didn't arrive in Fort Worth until 4:30am. Needless to say, it was a very long Monday!

This week has been a very trying week. I feel as though the rug has been pulled from under me, and now I'm laying on the floor.. Struggling to get up. It seems as though my financial troubles have compounded. Somehow there were a couple of unexpected and unrealized debts that have passed through my bank account.. and everyone knows, that even the slightest miscalculation of mis-hap can turn out to be a lot of trouble. In this instance, there have been two mis-haps that have caused a great deal of trouble for me.
I am without a main source of income for the moment, and now I have amassed a couple hundred dollars worth of fees. The only good news I have at the moment is that the owner of the lawn company I met with last week told me that he has some connections with a children's home that is nearby, and that he would use his connections there to help me get a job with them. I was able to speak with someone on Monday who directed me to the voicemail of the person that I would need to go through in order to get a position.. I haven't heard anything yet.

Sometimes things just don't look good. It's easy for me to just throw up my hands and say, Hey! where did you go God? But I know that everything happens for a reason. God didn't see all this unfold and think to Himself.. Uh oh.. I didn't see that one coming. God has a purpose and a plan. Sometimes it would really be nice to know what that is. But right now I'm just praying. Asking for God's provision. Asking God for help, for rescuing. I don't know what to do. I'm just trying to hold on to Him.

Please be praying for me about all of this. I really need it right now.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Will remember you in our prayers. Hope things are looking up. Just remember that God will take care of you. Keep going to Him with your problems. Keep updating. I love the read. It's good to know what's going on in your life. See ya, man.