Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update on the.. situation..

I'm updating so soon after my last post! You all should be so proud! lol!

It's always a blessing to talk to someone, when things aren't going well, and they know just what to say and what advice to give for the current circumstance.
After my last post, I tried contacting the children's home that I had applied for.. Once again got a voicemail. Hopefully I'll hear something this next week. I also went to the HR office on-campus and applied for a secretary job in the IT department, 35 hours a week. That would be good too.. I won't hear anything on that one for another week or two though. Kind of a long time to wait, especially when things are as tight as they are. The good news is that I got to go work for the elderly gentlemen that I have only worked for one other time.. I got a little cash in my pocket. So that was nice.
Yesterday was a pretty good day.. I spent a good portion of the day reading through and studying the book of John. It was great! I got my pen and highlighter out and marked up all sorts of stuff! :) There was really a couple of verses that just.. really stood out to me. They were, John 4:23-24... They read, "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers MUST worship in spirit and in truth." Amazing passage.. God is, seeking.. those who are the true worshipers, those that worship in spirit and in truth. Something to meditate on..
I think that this passage has even more significance than usual because I have been trying to make a decision about leading worship at two different churches. I was asked by one to lead worship for their youth group, and another church to be the lead guitarist and vocals in their sunday morning service.. Need lots of prayer on that decision.
Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. The trials are still there, but they don't seem near as bad as they did. I guess I was focusing more on the issues than I was on God.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers, keep it up!

No comments: