Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Week

Wow, another week has already gone by. I've been in Fort Worth for just about two and a half weeks now, and I've picked up a third job. This past Saturday I started working for an elderly gentlemen.. Who is 85! This guy still gets around pretty good though. Saturday consisted of cutting down thorn bushes and clearing out some brush. Somehow I got poison ivy.. Not fun. But it was still a good day. So I work for this guy every Saturday, I'm a handyman on Monday's, and I work for the lawn care company throughout the whole week. The amazing thing, is that all of these jobs work around my class schedule for the fall. It's amazing, just how God continues to provide. There are a few other things that have happened in this past week that I'm still waiting to hear if they are going to happen. But God is providing, and just blessing me more and more every day.. God has been showing me, that if I have a need.. All I have to do is ask, and He will provide. God is good.
On Sunday I visited a new church. It's a church plant, that currently meets at a local high school. I think I enjoyed visiting this church more than any other. It was by far the smallest, which was really great. There were about twenty to thirty people at there, and it was great because it was so much more personable. I got to hang out and get to know the people there. After the service we went over to one of the members' house and had lunch and just sat around talking and fellowshipping with one another. It was a great time! I'm going to visit a few more churches and then make a decision on where to go. Please be praying for me as I make this decision.
I have a few things that I could use some prayer in.. The first one is related to one of my jobs. I have the opportunity to work around a lot of guys who aren't Christians at my lawn care job. A lot of the guys are Mexican and speak little English, and other guys who you can tell have just had a hard life. Pray that I can be a Godly influence on these guys and that God would open some doors for me to share Christ with them. The second one is what church to join. Third, I have to keep as an unspoken for the time being. There's actually 2 unspoken requests.
But God has been good and is continuing to provide. Over and over again, in so many ways. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support!

Thank you, and keep praying!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

We will keep praying. We miss you in Bolivar. I hope you are truly loving it down there. You deserve something great for picking up and following the Lord's plan like you have. I know he will bless it.