Tuesday, July 22, 2008

When trials come, growth soon follows..

My week started with visiting a church on Sunday morning. I did oversleep just a tad, but I did make it.. about ten minutes into the pastors sermon. However, it was a good message. I really liked the church, and the people were wonderful. Due to my tardiness, I'm going to attempt to be on time and visit again next week, so that I can really get a good feel for the church.
After the service a large group of us went out to eat at a local mexican restaurant.. It brought back memories of when I used to go to el rodeo after church in Bolivar. Good times.
Over the weekend I have been thinking about a children's home that is about 45 minutes away from here. It's called Happy Hill Farm, I think.. As it turns out, one of my bosses actually lives in the town the this home is located in. I had previously considered working there, but then reconsidered because of the distance. But I think I made my decision a little too quickly.. I decided to go ahead an submit an application and see if I can work there on the weekends. If this were to work out, I would be able to just stay there and work throughout the weekend without having to commute back and forth. The other good news is that I have heard that they also help seminary students and offer them tuition assistance.
This would be a tremendous opportunity, not just because of the benefits.. But also because this is my field. This is what I want to do one day. This is the experience that I need, and that I've been looking for. It's kinda hard to just pass up.
Please be praying for me about this.

On a separate note, I found the most amazing bike trail this evening. It was awesome! I went about 15 miles tonight. I got quite the workout. Beautiful scenery, pleasant ride, it went along side a little river.. Pretty cool. This trail literally runs all over Fort Worth. It even goes downtown. Speaking of downtown.. I attempted to improve my picture taking skills this past weekend, and I went downtown and took quite a few pictures of the different buildings. It was a good time. I think I might take a few of them and blow them up, and frame them to decorate my apartment a little bit.
Any way, I do have a bit of a prayer request.. Lately I've been having a little bit of a conflict with someone that I work with. Tomorrow I'm going to be confronting this person about the situation, and see if we can resolve the issue we're having. The frustrating part is, I'm not even entirely sure why this person is acting this way towards me. So, for the sake of ending conflict and restoring a relationship, I'm seeking this person out. I'm not really sure what to expect. I'm hoping we can get things worked out.. Please be praying for me tomorrow, and continue to pray for me as I keep looking for a church here.
That's about all I have for now.. Thanks for reading. God bless, and keep praying!

No comments: