Monday, July 7, 2008

A Good Day

Today has just been, a great day! Now pulling weeds, sweeping porches, gardening, and fixing leaky faucets may not sound very fun, but a job is a job. It's funny, I think I enjoyed doing that more than my last job and I actually just got paid more for it than any other job I've had. Which was a blessing.
Over the weekend, I had an opportunity to visit 2 churches. Please keep praying for me as I continue to look for where God would want me to be and serve. There are no shortage of churches here, that much is clear. It's just finding the right place. Of course, I don't want to take too long in finding a place. So just pray for God's direction in that.
Back to the events of today. After my fun morning, I had an interview.. If that's what you want to call it, with a very sweet elderly couple, who own a lawn care service here. They have been around for about 30 years now. It went very well.. They needed someone to do basic maintenance on their equipment, inventory of everything, some bookkeeping, and really just getting organized as they continue to grow. Everything went so well, they hired me and I start first thing Wednesday morning! What a huge blessing! God provides!
The really cool thing is that this is a Christian couple that has worked with seminary students in the past and continues to, obviously.. They told me at one point, that they probably have old employees scattered all over the world working in ministry in some fashion. Really neat stuff.
I'm continually reminded of God's goodness as He provides and just, continually brings things together. I've only been here a week, and I've already worked one day and now have another job. Incredible. I am however, still in need of some furniture. Up until Saturday, I've been sleeping on the floor. No bed. My neighbor happened to have a nice little blow-up mattress and is letting me use it until I get a bed. So that has been very nice. It's great to have something a little nicer and more comfortable to sleep on, but the floor wasn't too bad. I'll buy what I can, when I can.
God has really been teaching me and convicting me about what I spend and how much I spend. Now I'm not one of those people that goes off and just blows money, but there's always something that you can cut back on. It's amazing how much of an eye opening experience, being poor can be for a person. I am so thankful for this time in my life, because I'm learning so much. Also, just living alone has been good. This is the first time in my life that I have actually lived alone. Throughout my college years I have lived with over 20 different people, and now I have total and complete SILENCE! Sometimes the silence is good, so that you can really hear, and listen, to the voice of God. God has already been working on me, and teaching me SO much! It's amazing.. When you just.. turn everything off.. when you're not anywhere near anyone you even know.. absolutely no distractions.. and just live in that silence.. Wow. This is the start of an amazing year. I can't wait to see what God does!

Keep praying!

2 comments:

Bob Cory said...

Dude, how wonderful! What a great report to hear from you! I will totally pray for you my friend. Please keep me updated :)

Courtney said...

Wow Micah! I really enjoyed reading this. And I'm glad that I was one of the twenty. :-)