Friday, July 4, 2008

The start of an adventure..

Last Saturday I moved down to Fort Worth, and Monday I got settled in to my new apartment. This is the first time I've ever lived alone.. Crazy. The only bad thing about this place, is that it's right next to railroad tracks! Haha! I just have to laugh about it. Not at like, 2am when a train is roaring by.. But campus is right across the street, which is very nice.
I've already met some really nice people here. I can't wait for the semester to begin. This is going to be an incredible year. I know that God has brought me here, and has worked so many things out for me to be here. It's been incredible.
My focus right now is just trying to find a job.. I got some good news yesterday, and actually had a couple leads on jobs. A lady called me yesterday to come and do some work around her house. Different odds and ends types of things. At the start of next week, I'm going in to talk to a local business man about possibly working for him and doing some very basic maintenance stuff for his lawn care business. Please be praying for these opportunities, as well as other possibilities.
God is the great provider, I know that He is going to continue to provide. Keep prayings. :)

3 comments:

Ambrosia said...

Micah,

This is great! I look forward to reading more about your adventures. I am so proud of you and your ability to take leaps of faith in directions that are clear by God.

This is quite a change in life, your first time living alone, I know you'll do well.

Be blessed in all you do my friend.

*Jonathon*

TS said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. I'm definitely interested in reading up on you. I'll link you to my blog as well. Glad to hear things are off to a great start!

Courtney said...

Micah,
Glad to hear that things are going well. Best of luck with the job search. We'll be praying for you as you start out down there. You are right. God will take care of you when you're seeking His plan. Talk to you soon,

Bret and Courtney